Interested in Becoming a Volunteer for CCRT?
Please read about some of the ways you can help the CCRT or how to become a volunteer with our group.
As a CCRT volunteer, you will be involved in many different activities. Some of the things you can do are:
- Establish good working relationships with local animal shelters, humane societies or other animal agencies in your area. This will help ensure they will know who to contact locally if they have a Chihuahua in need of our help.
- Establish relationships with local veterinarians, groomers, trainers, and other other dog-minded people so that once again, they’ll call you when they learn of a Chi needing rescue. Should you be made aware of any Chi or Chi-x in need, whether it is a surrender by a private party or one in a shelter, please contact any member of the Committee immediately for further advice and instructions.
- Foster rescue Chi’s until a new home can be found.
If you are interested, please complete our Foster Home Application.
- Help transport rescue Ch’is to new homes, help spring dogs from shelters, bring rescue dogs to their foster home or help foster homes who do not have a vehicle by taking the dog to vet appointments, etc
- Assist with fundraising. We are always putting our craft skills to use and making things for upcoming raffles or auctions. We all have something to offer so even if you can’t help ‘hands on’ with a dog, you can still use your talents and skills elsewhere.
- Process new volunteer and adoption applications, help with veterinary reference checks and home visits following the guidelines we provide for you.
- articles for our website and assist us with our social media websites.
- Request free public announcement ads in your local newspapers and put up CCRT posters and notices in public places, vet clinics, dog grooming salons, etc.
- Help support a new adoptive home by counselling them with any issues they may come across, offer to do a post-placement check-in. etc. …..and more.
You don’t have to do all the above, these are just some of the areas that we need help with. Once you are approved as a volunteer, you will be subscribed to a volunteers-only mailing list, where we conduct the business of CCRT work. You will also receive a detailed welcome package containing all the CCRT information you need.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please fill out our convenient online Foser or Volunteer Application form below. Once received, it will be forwarded to a CCRT Regional Coordinator in your area who will contact you as soon as possible to begin the approval process.
Foster Home Application Volunteer Application